Monday, April 7, 2008

apology

So, I have been called out and bumped into the poser category by Howard of the fascinationstreak blog because I have not been posting. I want to apologize to all of my loyal readers for not posting for some time now. You say what? Loyal readers? Nobody leaves you comments, Kelly. EXACTLY! I know I have a journalism degree, so I should want to write, but keep in mind that there's a reason that I'm not using it (well, at least not to its full potential). I do enjoy writing and journaling the crazy things that go on around me, so I'm here to turn over a new leaf. I do, however, need encouragement. I mean, I may come off as strong, but I'm really not (waaaaaah). Anyway, comments are encouraged.

So, anyway, I'm here to say that I really am worried about the state of NYC. In my (gulp) 11 years here, I've seen plenty of great stores, restaurants and bars close because they could no longer afford the insane rents. As most of you know, Florent will soon be closing. To be honest, I haven't been to Florent in years, but that's because I'd rather slit my wrists than venture into that neighborhood on a weekend night. I remember going there quite a bit when I was new to NY. This was back in the day when it took FOUR (yes, 4) cab drivers before I found one who knew how to get to Gansevoort st. Now, no cab driver in the tri-state area would dare not know how to get to Gansevoort. It's all very sad, but the closing of Florent isn't hitting as close to home as the new revelation of the closing of The Hog Pit. Again, I don't make it over there as much as I used to, and now, with all of the glitzy hotels, French manicures, and roid rage that define the neighborhood, the HP is totally out of place. It's dirty, it's divey, and it used to be filled with rockers and bikers. It was cheap and the Southern cuisine was always welcome. If I had a hankering for chicken fried steak, I knew where to go. And in the article that I read about the closing, I found out that a new Ralph Lauren store is scheduled to move into the space. So sad! I HATE you, Ralph! I want my chicken fried steak! I guess I should have known this was coming. I mean, the last time I went to the HP, I didn't think we went too crazy, but when the bill came, we each owed about $75!!! Damn! I could have gone across the street and had a steak at Pastis! Hmph! Oh well. I guess the only thing I can do is go as often as possible until it closes in January. Yes, I will probably make it to 300lbs by then, but it will be worth it.

I love you HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWG PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUT!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeez as if coney wasn't bad enough does it get any worse than this? eventually. RIP hog pit. im reading and encouraging keep it up!

krr said...

thanks, dbag!

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited you refreshed my memory about your blog last night! i especially enjoyed your post about the crazy poles in yo' hood. who knew you had so many connections! anyhow, consider me your newest #1 fan. don't slip on any more pee pads.