Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pico walk

Having a dog in NYC automatically ensures that one will attract FREAKS! But, also, just being out on the street means that I encounter all sorts of weird activity...
Last night I was walking my friends to the subway, and as we passed the deli, a drunk man spouting Polish speak stumbles out onto the street. His face was all red and he was a little too excited to see Pico. And Pico was just as excited to see him. I have no idea what he was saying, but he started karate chopping her on the back of her neck. I'm guessing it didn't hurt her, but needless to say, we got out of there ASAP.
Then tonight I'm taking Pico down the street and I notice a dog, not on a leash, running down the sidewalk. At first, I see no owner, but then notice the dog continually glancing to the street. The owner was cruising down the street on his segway with a big cig hanging out of his mouth. I mean, I'm hoping this man is injured or crippled or something, because how lazy can a person be?!! Isn't Brooklyn the fattest of all 5 boroughs?

No comments: