Saturday, June 21, 2008

i'm back in bidness, my friends!

Yay!! I have my computer back—it's up and running like new AND I didn't pay a cent to have it fixed! I haven't had luck like this since I won those Metallica tickets back in high school. (Um, yeah, my name was called over the morning announcements as the winner, and I was terribly embarrassed, but I ended up having alot of offers to buy the tickets, so I sold them. I wish, now, I had gone to the show.) Anyway, I took my computer in last Sat, and on Wed I called to check the status. I was expecting to have to pay at least $400. I was pretty sure it was some sort of power issue and not the hard drive since the power button was being so sensitive and the whole thing would just turn off in the middle of a sentence, but I wasn't expecting Apple to cover the cost of fixing my baby!!! I go to pick it up yesterday afternoon, and I don't even owe the $40 diagnostic fee. It was amazing! Yesterday was the summer solstice, so maybe this is a sign of things to come. I can always dream, can't I? Of puppies, cotton candy, oceans, hot, airy nights with a cold beer, rock-n-roll, love...le sigh.

No comments: